One of the most frequent requests we get in our offices is about how to visit Lake Garda in one day. Obviously, multiple answers are possible based on the kind of person you are. One thing is sure though… If you wish to tour around the lake smoothly and get historical information, our tour could be the best solution. Twice a week, depending on the period of the year, we organize the Lake Garda Tour by bus and ferry! Get ready to enjoy fabulous views, moving from the north surrounded by towering mountain peaks to the rolling hills of the south.
There are many places to visit on lake Garda, by booking our lake Garda Tour by bus you we will also visit a town with the ferry.
A TASTE OF LAKE GARDA…
There are many interesting stories, anecdotes and legends circulating about this beautiful lake.
First of all, the origin seems to be the result of a combination of several factors. The current shape of our lake is the result of glacial, fluvial and tectonic actions, as well as the raising of the surrounding mountains.
The first human settlements date back to the Paleolithic, but the evidence in our possession dates back to the Bronze Age. Romans, Celtic people, Longobards, Etruscans… These are just some of the inhabitants who have settled on the shores of lake Garda. The word “garda” derives from the Lombard “warda”, easily translated as “guarded place” or “observatory”. The same reason why it has been affected by numerous conflicts.
Be ready to get to know more about lake Garda, thanks to our local guide that will be present on the bus!
CURIOSITIES ABOUT THE BIGGEST LAKE IN ITALY
- First of all, is good to remember that Lake Garda is the largest lake of Italy, with an area of 370 km2 and a perimeter of 158 km.
- Maybe you’ve already heard about it, or maybe it’s the first time, but did you know that once it was called Benaco? Name of Celtic origin but used also during the roman empire, it becomes Lake Garda only in the Middle Ages. It was named after the village of Garda.
- Furthermore, by a geographic point of view, it has 25 tributaries, including the Sarca and the Aril. This last one is the shortest river in the world, long only 175 meters. The only emissary is the Mincio river, along which runs the homonymous cycle path.
- Probably you also know that the lake is divided in 3 regions: Trentino, Veneto and Lombardia.
No wonder Lake Garda has always been praised by many poets, starting with the latin poetries written by Catullo. But also Goethe, Kafka, Mann, Gide, D‘Annunzio and many other writers have awarded the amazing beauty of this area!
There are so many places you should visit on Lake Garda… With this tour you will manage to see all of them and to stop in some.
TWO VERSIONS of Lake Garda Tour by bus and ferry
- Lake Garda Tour with departure from the NORTH – From Limone to Malcesine
- Stop with free time in Bardolino, Sirmione and Salò
- Ferry boat trip between Bardolino and Sirmione
- Lake Garda Tour with departure from the SOUTH – From Garda to Sirmione (Desenzano del Garda)
- Stop with free time in Sirmione, Limone sul Garda, Riva del Garda and Malcesine
- Ferry boat trip between Limone sul Garda and Riva del Garda
Why choose our Lake Garda Tour by bus and ferry?
- The tour lasts approximately 9-10 hours, departing in the morning and returning to the starting point in the evening before dinner.
- After pre-purchasing your ticket online or at our offices, you can get on board and enjoy the journey in total relaxation.
- It is certainly the most easy way to visit the entire lake garda in just one day.
- Departures are well distributed throughout the various destinations on the lake.
INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR
- Private bus
- Local guide for the whole duration of the tour
- 1 Ferry boat trip
- Depending on the tour you book, you will visit 3 to 4 towns
Useful information before booking the Lake Garda bus tour
- (Especially) in high season we recommend booking 48 hours in advance to ensure availability.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- It is possible to bring wheelchairs for the disabled and for children on board, but only if these can be folded.
- Pets are not allowed.
- This tour is available in English or in German.
Suitable for everyone: couples, families, but also for those who want to travel alone and make new friends along the way.