Would you like to visit Verona but do want to make sure you really discover its history and curiosities? Join our Lake Garda to Verona day trip by bus. Together we will travel through the various eras that created the city we see today. During the journey from Lake Garda, you will already receive a portion of useful information and advice from our local guide. Once you will arrive in the city, we will set a time for the 1.5-hour guided tour to discover its hidden treasures. In the afternoon you will have free time to visit the city as you prefer.
A TASTE OF VERONA
The historic city of Verona was founded in the 1st century B.C under the Roman empire and became an important base of the empire in northern Italy. During the Middle Ages it gained independence while fighting with the Lega Lombarda against the Holy Roman Empire. Under the rule of the Scaligeri (Scala family) Verona became one of the most powerful cities in north Italy.
INTERESTING TO KNOW…
By analyzing the name Verona, its meaning can be deduced from splitting three ancient words that make up the name: ‘Ve’, an Etruscan word used to indicate the Venetian people, ‘Ro’, from the Greek «reo», meaning: current to indicate the Adige River that crosses the city, and “Na,” an Etruscan syllabic root that indicates “an inhabited center“. So “Ve-Ro-Na” would stand for “The Venetian City by the River”.
Thanks to William Shakespeare, Verona is one of the most famous, or rather, most mentioned Italian cities in the world. And this without ever having been there himself! Shakespeare has fallen under Verona’s spell through the writings of Masuccio Salernitano, Luigi da Porto and Matteo Bandello. These writings inspired his most famous work: The love story of “Romeo and Juliet”.
On November 30, the World Heritage Committee (W.H.C.) added Verona to the World Heritage List of UNESCO with the official name “City of Verona”.
Why should you choose our Lake Garda to Verona day trip by bus?
- You will arrive prepared with advice that will simplify your visit right away.
- You will be able to see the most important sight in just 1 day: The Arena di Verona in Piazza Brà, Piazza Erbe, Piazza dei Signori, the Old Market, the Scaliger Tombs and Juliet’s Balcony to name a few.
- This tour includes a good portion of free time to visit Verona as you wish.
- Coach to go and come back from Verona
- Local guide present in the bus
- Private guided visit in Verona
Useful information before booking our Lake Garda to Verona day trip by bus
- (Especially) in high season we recommend booking 48 hours in advance to ensure availability.
- It is possible to bring wheelchairs and strollers on board, but only if they can be folded.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Our tour is available in English or German.
- Choose the “East Coast” Lake Garda to Verona day trip if you start from: Limone, Riva, Torbole, Malcesine, Assenza, Castelletto di Brenzone, Pai, Torri del Benaco, Garda, Bardolino, Cisano, Lazise and Peschiera del Garda.
- Choose the “West Coast” Lake Garda to Verona day trip if you start from: Gargnano, Toscolano Maderno, Fasano, Gardone, Salò, San Felice del Benaco, Moniga, Padenghe, Desenzano, Rivoltella, Sirmione, Colombare, Lugana and San Benedetto.
Are you wondering about other tours leaving from lake Garda? Find out more through the following link.