If you’re into visiting spectacular landscapes, the Dolomites should be very high on your priority list. The wonderfal scenery, with the imposing impenetrable peaks and the thriving flora offer emotions that cannot be described in words. A heritage that must be carefully preserved, protected and admired. Would you like to combine your visit on lake Garda with a hiking trip in the mountains? You just landed in the right place. With our bus tour from Lake Garda you will visit the Dolomites and the most evocative places of this area in 1 day.
A taste of the Dolomites
The Dolomites are part of the Alps and about 250 million years old. They are composed mainly of sedimentary rocks and limestone. Nowadays it is hard to imagine that once these mighty mountains were an enormous coral reef, formed in the primordial ocean called Tethys. The dolomites, as other mountains, have been studied throughout time now and thanks to its numerous layers we have gotten lots of interesting information about our planet.
Interesting to know about the Dolomites
- Dèodat Dolomium is the geologist from whom these famous mountains took their name. He was known for describing many minerals and became especially famous for the discovery of the mineral Dolomite, a particular rock in this region of the Alps.
- Some also refer to these mountains as the “Monti Pallidi“; pale mountains because the moonlight makes their light color stand out.
- Have you heard about the pink dolomites? They exist and the scientific term of this interesting natural phenomenon involving the Dolomites is the Enrosadira. This phenomenon only occurs during sunrise and sunset, in which the mountains are given a beautiful pink shade!
- The Dolomites are so beautiful that they have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2009. The highest possible title for a natural site.
Why should you choose our Dolomites tour from Lake Garda?
- Possibility to leave from all the shores of Lake Garda with a private coach for a full-day trip to the Dolomites.
- Throughout the journey, our guide will be at your complete disposal to give you information about the history and peculiarities of this area.
- Reaching the Dolomites with the train from Lake Garda it’s not easy: this bus tour will take you there just in a few hours!
- In just one day and with a local point of view, you will discover all the hidden treasures of this group of mountains recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site: We will pass through South Tyrol, Val di Fiemme, Cavalese, Moena up to Passo Pordoi. On the way back between Val Gardena and the city of Bolzano we will visit the town Ortisei.
- Would you like hiking in the Dolomites? We will guide you to a height of 2,240 meters and if this is not high enough you also have the possibility to use the cable car to go even higher yourself.
- Coach trip to go and come back on Lake Garda
- Tour leader throughout the Dolomites full-day tour.
Useful information before booking our Bus tour to Venice from lake Garda
- (Especially) in high season we recommend booking the day trip to Dolomites from Lake Garda at least 48 hours in advance to ensure availability.
- The tour is not suitable for wheelchairs or children in a stroller.
- Pets are not allowed.
- This Dolomites private tour is available in English or German.
- Depending on traffic conditions, departures from Sirmione and Desenzano del Garda could involve the first leg by taxi.
AVAILABLE EXTRA SERVICES to be booked during the tour
Possibility to take the cable car to reach an altitude of 2,800 meters.