“Under the sea, under the sea” can you already hear Sebastian the crab singing?
Often it’s the little things that lead to big changes. In addition to finding discounted tickets for the Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium in this article, I’ll tell you what to in this amazing place to visit on lake Garda… And the things that you could experience to learn many curiosities and to know more about all the work and passion behind an aquarium.
I invite you not only to visit Sea Life to admire the incredible biodiversity hidden in the rivers, lakes, seas and oceans. But also because the Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium wants to pass an important message to its visitors.
Being able to see more than 5,000 aquatic animals up close is not only fascinating, but also a way to better appreciate these beautiful and interesting animals. After having visited the Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium, you will want to respect the aquatic environment (even more).
The Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium actively cares for the environment and is also part of the Sea Life Trust charity, which is committed to preserving the oceans. Among the environmental initiatives, it is interesting to know that Sea Life organizes, every year, several cleaning events on the beaches of Lake Garda.
Seahorses, lionfishes and sharks are some of the most popular fish species you will find here. Read on to find out what else you’ll be able to see and do at the Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium.
This aquarium has about 40 tanks and numerous thematic environments to recreate the different natural habitats, starting from that of Lake Garda to the deep troughs of the great oceans. In addition to several aquariums, this park is known for its long “tunnel oceanico” and transparent glass domes to admire these fresh and salt water animals up close.
The Sea Life Aquarium on Lake Garda is also a perfect place to let the creativity of the little ones run wild! There are plenty of interactive activities dedicated exclusively to them. Did you know that their drawings can literally come to life in a digital aquarium? My kids love doing this every time they visit the park.
Second, it does not matter how old you are, you are never old enough to admire your co-habitants of planet earth.
WHAT TO DO IN SEA LIFE AQUARIUM: THE ITINERARY
At the entrance, you can immediately find the Piranhas Area: after that, you will explore some freshwater and the beautiful Lake Garda. Afterwards, you find mysterious Alien Species and the environment of River Po Delta, the longest river in Italy! Leaving behind you the port, in front of your eyes there will be my favorite part: the Ocean Tunnel.
And of course you must not leave the tunnel without taking a photo inside!
Being a Disney fan, I could not help myself to sing the song (in my head) of Sebastian the crab of the Little Mermaid; “Under the sea, darling it’s better, down where it’s wetter, take it from me!” The special thing about this tunnel is the sensation it gives to you, you just seem to be part of this amazing underwaterworld.
After this dive you will continue to the Ring Tank and the coral reef. Among the many small brightly colored fish, Then, here you are! Among the numerous fishes floating around, have fun and try “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory”! Does it sound familiar? Disney is everywhere. Then you will successively find the Ocean View, the Interactive Pools with the Clown Fish Cave, the Interactive Ocean and the Magical Kingdom of the Sea Horses
Did you know that seahorses are threatened and at some risk of extinction? One of the reasons why Sea Life Aquarium house a good number of them. If they should disappear from the ocean one day, they can be reintroduced to their habitat thanks to the various aquariums around the world. The route ends with the Tropical Lagoon and the amazing Jellyfishes.
If you have worked up an appetite during your visit, you can find the “Covo del Capitano“, a restaurant with many sweet and savory delicacies just before exiting.
Now some useful information for the visit and how to purchase discounted tickets for Sea Life.
How do you reach the Gardaland SeaLife Aquarium
As you can guess from the name, the Gardaland Sea Life Aquarium is located very close to one of Italy’s most beloved parks; GARDALAND. So if you have already been there, the way to get to the aquarium is the same. Otherwise I will explain it to you right away!
- It can easily be reached by taking the A4 or A22 (Brennero motorway), exit at Peschiera. From here, you just have to follow the many indications leading to the park, as it is just a few kilometers north in the direction of Lazise. You can park inside the Gardaland parking lot at a cost of 5€ (to be paid upon arrival).
- If you will arrive by train, you will be able to find a very comfortable free shuttle just in front of the train station of Peschiera del Garda. The first shuttle always starts 30 minutes before the opening time of the park and will continue every 30 minutes until closure. For the exact opening times, I suggest you look directly on their website, because they change according to the season.
- Are you staying in Peschiera del Garda and is the trainstation too far away from your accomodation? No worries, from San Benedetto di Lugana and Bella Italia Campsite you can take the ATV BUS 483 direction Malcesine (between May and the end of October).
- Are you staying somewhere between Garda, Bardolino and Lazise? You can take the ATV BUS 483 direction San Benedetto or ATV BUS 164 direction Verona. Both busses stop right in front of the Gardaland entrance.
Good to know before reservating your discounted day tickets to Gardaland on our website.
- I advise you to always consult the official website for the opening times, as they may differ per season.
- GardaVisit!it offers, through reservation, Sea Life entrance tickets at only €9 instead of €16 for the full ticket and €9 instead of €10,50 for children above 1m and under 10 years of age.
- Our tickets are without date, meaning you can freely decide when to use them.
- Parking is not included in the ticket, you have to pay €5 upon arrival.
- Children under 100 cm of height enter for free
- Pets are not allowed in Sea Life.
- Strollers cannot enter, you will be asked to leave them at the entrance.
*There is only 1 condition to purchase the tickets at this price; You will have to reserve them online on GardaVisit!it. Once requested, you can get them, the day you prefer, at IAT Tourism Lazise or Tourism Peschiera Infopoint. Both offices are open every day. Here you’ll also find the map of Sea Life.