A green oasis just few minutes from Lake Garda
Are you staying on Lake Garda and do you just want to do something different for a day? If you love flowers and a quiet environment, this botanical garden on Lake Garda might be something to consider! In this article I’ll explain what you can do and see in this park and, of course, where to buy discounted tickets for Parco Giardino Sigurtà.
This botanical garden near Lake Garda extends over 60 hectares, and is located in Valeggio sul Mincio, near Peschiera del Garda. The park has huge lawns, ancient trees and flowers all year round. Such as tulips, hydrangeas, roses, water lilies, irises and much more!
But besides looking at flowers… What else can you do here, how do you get there and where can you buy discounted tickets for Parco Giardino Sigurtà?
How to arrive at Parco Giardino Sigurtà
- Comfortable with your car by first reaching the village of Valeggio sul Mincio. Once you arrive in this town you will find several signs for Sigurtà and also 4 (nearby) free parking spaces.
- By bike (or on foot) by following the bike path along the Mincio river, which connects Mantua to Peschiera. Before reaching the municipality of Valeggio, you will arrive in Borghetto sul Mincio. Here too you just have to follow the many indications that lead to Parco Giardino Sigurtà. Of course, if you have worked up an appetite during the bike ride, I advise you to eat the typical tortellini di Valeggio first!
- With the public transport. In this case, line 46 of the bus company APAM makes it possible to arrive at the park throughout the year. If your visit should be during summertime, good news; the ATV bus company, known for adding special summer lines, also adds one (line 479) going from Lake Garda to Parco Giardino Sigurtà.
Now that you know how to get to this botanical garden near Lake Garda, in the following lines you can find information about what you can experience here and how to purchase tickets.
Things to do in this botanical garden near lake Garda
Once inside, the (flowery) magic can begin! This park offers many activities and a visit to this park can even take a whole day!
One of my favorite places is the Labyrinth. This maze, similar to that of Alice in Wonderland, was designed by Giuseppe Inga Sigurtà in collaboration with Adrian Fisher. It’s the perfect place to let kids go wild. The paths inside are delimited by shrubs over two meters high and 1,500 specimens of yew; do you lose your way? Then you can find a dome tower in the middle of the maze to try to memorize the way back!
The most famous part of the park is the Viale delle Rose, a 1 kilometer path with the majestic castle of Valeggio in the background. Here you will find no fewer than 30,000 roses all summer long! To take a break, I suggest you relax on the immense grassfields and enjoy the breathtaking contrast with the blue sky. Ideal for a picnic, to lie down for a while or to let the children play freely. In the middle of these fields you will find two small lakes surrounded by greenery, where water lilies and water hibiscuses emerge and the Japanese koi carp swim.
Interesting to see…
- Regarding the structures inside the park, you can’t miss the Castelletto with battlements and neogothic windows, facing the oak forest pond. It is a building of the late 18th century, and it was built by marquis Antonio Maffei. It is nowadays used for private meetings and press conferences.
- The other structure inside the park, also created in 1792 by the marquis Antonio Maffei, is called Hermitage. It’s very scenic thanks to the position, on a hill and on top of a staircase. Which, if you visit the park between the end of February and April, you will find full of Tulips of all colors.
- Do you want to live an unforgettable experience with your children? Go to the Fattoria Didattica, a perfect ludic-didactical area to meet the many courtyard animals and the nearby Fallow Deer Valley.
Where can you purchase discounted tickets to visit Parco Giardino Sigurtà
You can buy discounted tickets for this botanical garden close to Lake Garda in two ways;
- You can buy them online; by selecting the number of tickets in the area next to the article (or above for mobile) and pay directly in a safe and easy way.
- You can buy them in one of our offices: Tourism Peschiera Infopoint or IAT Tourism Lazise. The rate will be the same as the one you find online here. Here you will also find the map to prepare for your visit in the Parco Giardino Sigurtà.
Good to know before purchasing our discounted tickets to this botanical garden near lake Garda
- You have 4 ways to visit the park; on foot, by bike (if you don’t have your own bike, you can also rent one in the park); by taking the little train and by Golfcar we have a special offer by purchasing the “biglietto Rosa“.
- Pets are not allowed.
- It is not possible to rent a Golfcar on Sundays and other national holidays.
- Our tickets for Parco Giardino Sigurtà are undated, so you can use them whenever you want with the exception of April 25, 2023 and May 01, 2023.
Events at Parco Giardino Sigurtà
The park opens almost every year on International Women’s Day on March 9. This period also coincides with one of the most beloved events of this botanical garden; Tulipanomania, the richest tulip bloom in Italy and the second most beautiful in Europe. In fact, the tulips cover the park as a whole, both along the paths and in floating flower beds and in wooden boxes. That is why spring is one of the best seasons to visit the Parco Giardino.
Are you a fan of comics and cartoons? If the answer is yes, you can’t miss the “Magic World of Cosplay” event, that attracts visitors since 2006. The cosplay gathering allows children to make photos with their favorite characters. Moreover, if you decide to go to the park dressed-up, you will have an additional discount for the entrance ticket of the park by purchasing on site.
Also in September, Parco Giardino Sigurta hosts an annual “Viaggio nel tempo” to travel back to the 18th century. A fun opportunity to see vintage carriages, dance performances, music and hundreds of people dressed as in that era!
These are just a few of the events organized in this park. To discover more, I suggest you the visit the official website as there is a large quantity of events dedicated to children, to yoga and many other activities.