SIRMIONE: WHERE ART COMES TO LIFE
Have you ever entered a town walking on an imposing medieval drawbridge? On the enchanting southern shores of Lake Garda, rises, like the sun at dawn among the waves, the peninsula of Sirmione. A hidden treasure to be discovered by tourists and an oasis of peace for its inhabitants. With a mini cruise around the peninsula of Sirmione by boat, you can admire all its beauties, transported by the gentle lake breeze.
From any perspective, Sirmione remains certainly one of the must-visit places on Lake Garda.
HOW TO VISIT SIRMIONE
Entering the town, through the drawbridge I mentioned earlier, you will arrive in a fairy-tale-like atmosphere, where art comes to life. Remembering Catullo, James Joyce and the divine Maria Callas, Sirmione has always been a perfect shelter for numerous artists to find inspiration.
If you are reading this article, it’s because you have plans or are organizing a visit to Sirmione and would like to have as much information as possible about what to do and see. Let’s start with the majestic Scaliger Castle, which will give you a grand welcome to the enchanting “pearl of the lake.”
At the tip of the peninsula, you will find the Grotte di Catullo, which legend says were the poet’s dwelling. The remains of the impressive Roman villa, known as the grotto since ancient times, are now clearly visible, perched above the lake, immersed in the lush foliage of olive groves. Below, you can catch a glimpse of the heavenly and crystalline waters of Jamaica Beach, where the sun’s rays will invite you to relax, lulled by the sound of the waves.
The peninsula is famous worldwide for its thermal waters, and among the places to visit on Lake Garda, there are also the Aquaria Thermal Baths. An oasis of well-being to rejuvenate yourself before returning to your routine!
How to visit all these places to see in Sirmione? With this unmissable boat tour of the peninsula, you can admire them from an exclusive viewpoint… from the water!
WHY TAKE A BOAT TOUR AROUND THE PENINSULA OF SIRMIONE?
- This mini cruise around the peninsula of Sirmione is accessible to everyone, adults and children alike, and it allows you to admire all the points of interest in Sirmione.
- You will sail on a wonderful open and panoramic boat all around the peninsula, accompanied by a guide.
- The itinerary starts from the harbor next to Scaliger Castle and takes you to see Maria Callas’ villa, the Grotte di Catullo, the thermal baths, and the sulfurous spring.
- On the return journey, you will have the opportunity to carefully observe every external corner of Scaliger Castle, passing directly under the drawbridge.
USEFUL THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE BOOKING YOUR MINI CRUISE AROUND THE PENINSULA OF SIRMIONE
You’re on Lake Garda, and you certainly can’t leave without taking a boat tour! Let’s see together everything you need to know before booking your mini cruise around the peninsula of Sirmione.
- The boat tour around the Peninsula of Sirmione lasts 25 minutes.
- Each boat has a capacity of approximately 15-20 people.
- The boats depart from the harbor of Sirmione in front every 30 minutes.
- The tour is available in 5 languages: German, English, Italian, Spanish, and French.
- The price of this boat tour from Sirmione is €10 for adults and €5 for children aged 5 to 12.
- Pets are not allowed.
- In the case of bad weather, the tour will be postponed or canceled.
So, how can you best visit Sirmione? Treat yourself to exciting moments that you will never forget. Purchase your ticket and hop on board. For a few minutes, you can forget about your thoughts, letting yourself go “on the expanse of a transparent lake,” just like Catullus.