Weekly markets Lake Garda
When and where can I find the weekly markets?
What to do and see on Lake Garda? A weekly market of course! In fact, one of the most popular tourist attractions of Lake Garda are certainly the various weekly markets. They are so much demanded that they earn a place in the ranking of things to do and see on Lake Garda.
Populated by citizens of various countries and by stalls of all kinds, they also attract many tourists eager to immerse themselves in a traditional and rural atmosphere. These markets are so numerous that, every day from 8 to 13, you can visit a different one, from farmers’ markets to antiques markets.
One of the best ways to explore and buy the various typical Garda products are the farmers’ markets. Here you can get in direct contact with local producers, buy seasonal products and get to know the farms in the area. To get hold of slightly more particular souvenirs, the craft and antiques markets could be the solution. You can find stalls with products of all kinds, from vintage to handmade ones.
Let’s discover together the best markets on Lake Garda.
WEEKLY MARKETS on Lake Garda and direct surroundings
- MONDAY: Colombare di Sirmione, Pozzolengo, Peschiera del Garda, Moniga del Garda, San Zeno di Montagna, Torri del Benaco, Calmasino di Bardolino
- TUESDAY: Desenzano del Garda, Cisano, Tignale, Castelletto di Brenzone, Limone sul Garda, Tremosine, Bardolino, Torbole
- WEDNESDAY: Lazise, Gargnano, San Felice del Benaco, Castelnuovo del Garda (Sandrà), Arco (1st and 3rd of the month), Riva del Garda (2nd and 4th of the month), Bogliaco
- THURSDAY: Bardolino, Lonato del Garda, Toscolano Maderno, Bussolengo, Trento, Colà di Lazise, Mantua
- FRIDAY: Garda, Manerba del Garda, Lugana di Sirmione, Gardone Riviera, Puegnago, Soiano del Lago, Pastrengo, Brenzone (evening summer market)
- SATURDAY: Malcesine, Pacengo di Lazise, Castiglione delle Stiviere, Padenghe sul Garda (afternoon), Salò, Valeggio sul Mincio, San Martino della Battaglia, Verona, Brescia
- SUNDAY: Monzambano, Rivoltella
FARMERS MARKETS on Lake Garda
- TUESDAY: Arco, Bussolengo
- WEDNESDAY: Padenghe sul Garda
- THURSDAY: Absence of Brenzone, San Benedetto di Lugana, Desenzano del Garda, Castiglione delle Stiviere, Torbole (from April to September)
- FRIDAY: Riva del Garda, Pacengo di Lazise, Torri del Benaco
- SATURDAY: Calmasino di Bardolino, Lonato del Garda, Caprino Veronese, Polpenazze
- SUNDAY: Castelnuovo del Garda, Costermano
- THURSDAY: Torri del Benaco (evening, from June to September)
- SATURDAY: Verona (3rd of the month)
- SUNDAY: Valeggio (4th of the month), Brescia (2nd of the month, except July and August), Desenzano (1st of the month, except January and August), Verona (1st of the month), Mantua (3rd of the month), Bardolino (3rd of the month)
Each weekly market on Lake Garda has its own thing. When you move among the town from East to West or viceversa, you will notice many differences in their local products.
My advice? Take note about the places you are going to visit on Lake Garda for your upcoming holiday, and match them with as many markets as possible.