Boat Tour from Peschiera del Garda
Golden Triangle Boat Tour – A 1,5 hours Boat Tour from Peschiera del Garda!
Are you looking for a boat tour from Peschiera del Garda, but you have only a few hours? In those weekends when several people are searching for a breath of fresh air, this is the perfect option for you!
Leaving from the harbor, a gentle breeze will lull you towards two of the most enchanting towns of the lake. Away from the traffic noise, where the key word will be “relax”. It only takes one hour and a half. Keep reading to find out all the information about this boat tour from Peschiera del Garda, including where to book it.
With this boat trip from Peschiera del Garda you will navigate towards Lazise and Sirmione to make a perfect triangle. On board you will have the opportunity to admire both castles. Many do not know that Peschiera once had the same kind of castle as these two towns and that these three formed an important defensive triangle.
It is not a secret that Peschiera, Sirmione and Lazise are three of the most popular destinations among the places to visit in Italy!
During this boat trip we will catch a glimpse of the colorful village center of Lazise and the Dogana Veneta, with the beautiful Scaligeri Castle behind it. Lazise is very popular and visited, but this village is also fantastic to see from the water! A must if you stay for several days: Going on a walk along the lake promenade between Peschiera, Lazise, Bardolino and Garda.
But now on with our boat trip, once towards Sirmione we will sail up to the Grotte di Catullo that rise impressively on the tip of the peninsula. Did you know that according to legend, this Roman villa was the home of the poet Catullo? What makes Sirmione extra special is not only the fact that the village is located on a peninsula, but because of the flat, sand-colored rocks that slowly disappear into the crystal clear water.
The beach you will see below the Grotte di Catullo is known as Jamaica Beach. Another beautiful beach in Sirmione is Lido delle Bionde. You can recognize it by the very long jetty that leads into Lake Garda.
Sirmione is one of those places you can’t miss from the water. On the one hand, I invite you to visit the historic center, the entrance of which is no more than an imposing drawbridge connected to the Scaligeri Castle.
When you return to Peschiera, after just an hour and a half, you will still have a lot of time to do so much more. Especially in hot days, you can decide to take a dip in the blue waters to cool off. Otherwise, you can visit the old town, or taste an Italian “aperitivo” on the beach, watching the sunset. Moreover, Peschiera del Garda is sorrounded by a Venetian Fortress, recognized by UNESCO ad a World Heritage Site.
Anyone who has been on holiday on Lake Garda before will know that during the hottest days the road traffic becomes very busy and it is difficult to drive between the different villages. To come up with something, there are more and more (private) boats connecting the villages!
Since this boat tour from Peschiera del Garda only lasts an hour and a half, you will still have time to do much more once you return.
On your return you could, for example, take a dip in the nearest beaches to cool off in the blue water. If after my story about the three castles, you feel like doing something cultural… Then I recommend that you download our guide with all the places of interest to visit in the historic center within the UNESCO fortress of Peschiera. Whatever your choice, I highly recommend to end the day with an aperitif at sunset!
The departure of this boat trip is scheduled from the main port of Peschiera del Garda. However, not to be confused with the departure of the ferries. You will have to go just before the start of Lungolago Mazzini, and look for all those colored flags set on the left side of the harbour.
How can you book the Golden Triangle Boat tour:
- In one of our offices; Tourism Peschiera Infopoint or IAT Tourism Lazise. Both offices are open every day. You can book your tour in advance or, if we will still have availability, the same morning of the departure.
- Online by just clicking the date on the calendar you find on the right side or above this article, select the amount of people and pay safely through paypal or creditcard.
Useful to know before booking the Golde Triangle Boat Tour:
- This boat trip from Peschiera del Garda costs 34 euros per person from 10 years and 28 euros for children between 4-9 years. Little ones up to 3 are free.
- Given its duration, this boat trip from Peschiera del Garda is a perfect proposal for families with children.
- The boat will not be big, with only 16 seats, so especially in high season (June, July, August), it is better to book this tour 48 hours in advance to ensure availability.
- With bad weather it is possible to get a 100% refund or to reschedule the booking to another time or day.
- Pets are not allowed on a group tour, but you may want to consider booking a private tour if you want to bring your friend along. Feel free to ask us for prices and availability.
- Strollers and wheelchairs cannot be taken on board, but it is possible to leave them (if they are foldable) at the departure point or at our office in Peschiera del Garda.